Five Rivers Youth Rugby Foundation is excited to be hosting Summer Youth Rugby Clinics with the Force Sports Dayton!
Ages: Grades K-8
Dates: Saturday, June 24; Saturday, July 22; Saturday, August 12
Location: Force – Dayton
Red K-3: Introduction to Rugby Basics
Participants will focus on the basic skills of rugby including ball handling, passing, and ball movement. Players will learn new skills through a series of games designed to reinforce teamwork and basic flag rugby concepts.
White 4-6 Intermediate Rugby Skills
Participants will become more familiar with passing, ball handling, and body position awareness on the field of play. Players should expect a focus on communication during play and teamwork in addition to developing intermediate skills such as kicking and defense.
Blue 7-8 Advanced Rugby Skills
Participants will be introduced to rugby style tackling in addition to more advanced ball handling, passing, kicking, and ball movement concepts. Players should expect a strong focus on technique and an increase in the fundamental concepts of tackle rugby.
More info and registration is available here from Force Sports Dayton:
Dayton Summer Youth Rugby Clinics
Thanks to Frank for the attached summary of the Dayton Rugby Grounds at 32 months, and a big thanks to all of the volunteers and financial supporters of FRYRF who have made all of this great progress happen!!
Dayton Rugby Grounds 32m
The U19 sponsorship brochure is now available. Please print or email a copy to any business or individual who you know who may want to support youth rugby in Dayton.
FRYRF Sponsorship Trifold
Register with smile.amazon.com to support the Five Rivers Youth Rugby Foundation with a donation for all of your purchases.
Firefox users can add a smile button to your browser with this add-on that will always take you to smile.amazon.com when you want to shop at amazon:
Click the link below before you shop at amazon.com and they will make a donation to FRYRF based on the amount you spend. Prices are the same as the main amazon.com site and all of your Prime membership benefits still apply as well.
Five Rivers Youth Rugby Foundation
Larry Morris and the U19 Dayton Aeros have set up two fundraising events to benefit FRYRF!
Enjoy some great BBQ while supporting FRYRF on the February 20, 2014. The Dayton U19 boys and girls are doing a City BBQ fundraiser on the 20th of next month dedicated to FRYRF. You must print this attached flyer and bring it with you on 2/20 for FRYRF to receive a donation worth 25% of your check: City BBQ Fundraiser Flyer.
The Dayton boys are also doing a T-shirt fundraiser dedicated to FRYRF. Order your shirts here: https://www.booster.com/daytonaeros
(ends in 28 days) $20 + $5 shipping. You can also donate without buying a shirt.
Five Rivers Youth Rugby Foundation is now enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program. You can help us get a donation from Kroger for FRYRF every time you shop at Kroger and use your Plus card which you have connected to our organization. You still get your fuel points but Kroger will also make a donation to FRYRF based on how much you spend.
Our organization number is 96746.
You can enroll your Kroger Plus card in the program and get more details here:
Details from Kroger:
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number (96746 for FRYRF) or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377 , select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Check out the great PDF that Frank Harris put together showing all the great progress that has been made at the FRYRF Dayton Rugby Grounds in the past 20 months:
DRG at 20 months
Pitch 2 Fundraiser PDF
September 15, 2013
Dear Rugby Supporter:
The Dayton, OH rugby community has seen significant changes since the purchase of dedicated rugby grounds in early 2012. Initial steps were the development of Pitch 1 quickly to establish our rugby home.
At this time, the Dayton Rugby Grounds is open for regular use. Weekly matches have begun on the first pitch as of August 23, 2013. A new roof was recently installed to provide a leak-free building that should provide years of service before significant repairs are required. The Dayton Rugby Grounds has men’s and women’s restrooms (running water and clean!), men’s and women’s changing rooms, an operating concession stand, parking lot, and more. As good as that sounds, there is still more to do, and we ask for your help.
Pitch 2 is scheduled for development starting in October 2013. IUOE Local 18 will provide all of the heavy equipment work while only requesting reimbursement for fuel expenses. This is a tremendous opportunity and will create a quality match pitch. The construction budget has been established at $12,000, which includes grading, fertilizer, and grass seed…ready to mow come spring.
We are soliciting donations specifically for Pitch 2 development via our existing Honorary Pitch Owner program.
Please consider a donation of $100, more, or whatever you are comfortable with. Our progress has come through thousands of hours from more than a hundred people and little invested money. With your help we can take another step. Remember, all contributions are tax deductible.
Christopher A. Schreel, President
Five Rivers Youth Rugby Foundation Inc.
620 Shiloh Drive
Dayton, OH 45415
Board of Directors:
- Matt Wuerstl
- Ron Flohre
- Matt Tracey
- Larry Morris
- Bill O’Malley